|Photo | Cosplayer|
San Diego Comic Con is less than a week away!
This time next week, thousands of nerds will be gathered in San Diego to celebrate whatever makes them geeky. I can't wait to be there!
With the con so soon, I thought I'd share some resources to help you make it the best experience ever! Some of these are specific to SDCC, while some are more general convention tips, so be sure to poke through even if you aren't going to SDCC (this year!).
Psst -- sometimes the best way to get information at the convention itself is Twitter. When you check out these links, be sure to follow them on Twitter as well! I actually made a Twitter list of the people I want to keep up with at the con.
Inside the Convention
- Of course, a great source is the official Comic Con website! Here's a quick link to the panel schedule.
- SDCC Blog is one of the best places to go for up-to-date info on vendors, guests, and general news.
- My top 10 tips SDCC after my experience last year! My favorite tip I didn't see anywhere else? Invest in a poster tube!
- Another great source for tips and news -- The_Con_Fluence!
- When Nerds Attack has a list of signings, panels, exclusives, and more.
- Crazy 4 Comic Con brings us their Top 10 Ways to have the Best San Diego Comic Con Experience.
Outside the Convention
- This Facebook event has a huge list of all the happenings outside the convention center during the con.
- Outside Comic Con is a more detailed and organized way of viewing brand takeovers outside the convention center as well as other events.
- Here's a map and guide of the trolley from When Nerds Attack and the official shuttle service info.
- SDCC's official 2013 restaurant guide is up! Some of these places offer discounts if you are wearing your badge, too.
- What's Comic Con without awesome nerdy parties?! The Hollywood Reporter wrote up a Full Guide to Parties in San Diego.
- The Nerdy Girlie has compiled a huge list of SDCC resources, from what to pack in your bag to what Twitter users to follow! Check out the entire list here. I'll definitely be doing the Instagram challenge as well!
- Not cosplaying? Not sure what to wear? I posted about how to figure out your best outfit for SDCC last year.
- SDCC's official blog has the Toucan Tip of the Day -- there's some great info in there!
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to SDCC info and tips, but I hope it helps you out. I won't be liveblogging during the con, but I will be tweeting, Instagramming, and Facebooking my heart out, so be sure to follow for updates!
If you liked this post, let's keep in touch!
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+
Follow my blog:
Bloglovin' | RSS