Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Daily Outfit: Collegiate

edit IMG_3216
Collegiate
edit IMG_3250
Manicure in a previous post - click!
Leopard Print Bow: Claire's | Necklace: Forever 21| Cardigan: Target (Similar
Top: H&M (Similar) | Skirt: H&M | Shoes: H&M (Similar

I've never lived in the same town as an H&M, and now that I do, I might be a little obsessed. Sometimes I'll walk in and everything will feel cheap and unflattering, but other times I score multiple items at once. All or nothing, there really isn't an in between!

I went shopping in preparation for my Europe trip (I leave tomorrow!) and scooped up this skirt and top. The detailing of this top really sold me. I typically don't go for button-down shirts outside of work-exclusive clothing, but this shirt was gorgeous enough that I didn't even mind. I can picture me wearing it under dresses or sweaters, too, letting just the collar peek out. Definitely a versatile find -- if you have an H&M, I suggest snagging one!

The skirt is also another fast favorite, especially because it is comfortable and fits exactly the way I like. The burgundy-wine color of this skirt is gorgeous, but now of course I'm agonizing if it's a "summery" enough color to wear in the heat. The honest truth of it is my office is freezing, so while I'm wearing sweaters, I might as well wear burgundy. I'm not sure I really buy into the "certain colors for certain seasons" thing, anyway. I love white in the winter, despite the well-known Labor Day rule. It seems like more and more fashion "rules" are becoming outdated.

Do you believe in banning certain colors during certain seasons?


P.S. - How rad is my new back yard? We have a tiny itty bitty baby pond!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...