Monday, November 4, 2013

Daily Outfit: Oh, Deer!

Oh Deer!

Happy belated Halloween! My Halloween celebration was a little bit late this year, but I didn't mind - it gave me extra time to get my costume together! I've been hinting at it for a while now, so I'm happy to finally share it with you all. I have been loving the deer/fawn makeup that has been going around the internet so I decided to be a fawn girl myself. I'm really pleased with the results!

Oh Deer!

This costume was really all about the makeup, so I wanted to do a few more things to make it special. I made my flower/leaf crown (here's a tutorial!), ordered a brown wig, and wanted a Mori Kei vibe with the outfit. I love the layers and forest-dweller feel of Mori Kei, so I thought it'd work out perfectly. I don't see myself in these photos at all, so I'd say it's a success!

For the makeup, I used some videos on YouTube and just searched the "deer makeup" tag on Tumblr for inspiration. I used different colors of bronzer and highlighting powder from e.l.f. to create a gradient effect, with the darkest parts on my cheeks and around my eyebrows. The white spots and my lips and nose are done with colors from a face paint kit. Finally, a ton of eyeliner and fluffy fake eyelashes complete the look. 

Oh Deer! Oh Deer!

I used these EcoTools lashes because I got them as a Klout perk - score! - but I'm sure it'd look good with any lashes you happen to have. I must say these EcoTools lashes were really easy to use! I think when you are wearing heavy eyeliner, fake eyelashes make a huge difference. Otherwise your eyelashes just blend into your liner!

Oh Deer!

I actually ordered giant brown circle lenses to wear, but they didn't arrive in time. I want to revisit this deer idea in the future - maybe for a convention - and I'll definitely use the lenses for big doe eyes. In addition, I made antlers for my headband, but they were too fragile and wouldn't stay attached. I'd love to find a way for that to work next time, though I'm very pleased with the results of the look overall!

Outfit Details:
Flower crown: DIY | Wig: Lockshop | Sweater: The Limited (Similar)
Lace cardigan: Forever 21 (Similar) | Belt: Forever 21
Dress: Bodyline (secondhand) | Shoes: DSW

What was your Halloween costume?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...