Monday, May 26, 2014

Forest Frolicking

Forest Frolicking

I'm starting to fall in love with mori girl fashion in a way I've never fallen in love with clothing before. I still adore lolita fashion and won't be giving it up anytime soon, but mori is so much more freeing.

I think my favorite part of mori is the archetype of a mori girl - the nature-loving forest nymph. While there are no true "rules" to this style, thinking of the archetype helps me focus on the feeling I want my outfit to achieve. Floaty, fluttery layers, and a natural, effortless-looking femininity... at least, that's what I aim for! Even in my regular clothing, I'm finding that mori is having more and more of an influence (layers!).

Forest Frolicking
With Kellie, doing our best "solemn street style photo" pose.

The local mori girls hosted a picnic in a park. I wish I had snapped a few photos of the picnic itself, because it was adorable! We brought homemade tea and lemonade in mason jars and delicious cakes. There were even cute paper straws. We got rained on, but luckily it was after the majority of the picnic.

After the rainfall, we trekked into a nearby trail. Everything was green and alive after the rain - perfect for exploring and taking photos!

Forest Frolicking
Another "street style snap" picture.

Outfit Details:
Dress: Anthropologie (old) | Skirt: Thrifted  | Vest: Thrifted
 Lace cardigan: Forever 21 (similar) | Shoes: DSW

Do you ever think about the story behind your outfit?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...