|Photo | Cosplayer|
San Diego Comic Con is less than a week away!
This time next week, thousands of nerds will be gathered in San Diego to celebrate whatever makes them geeky. I can't wait to be there!
With the con so soon, I thought I'd share some resources to help you make it the best experience ever! Some of these are specific to SDCC, while some are more general convention tips, so be sure to poke through even if you aren't going to SDCC (this year!).
Psst -- sometimes the best way to get information at the convention itself is Twitter. When you check out these links, be sure to follow them on Twitter as well! I actually made a Twitter list of the people I want to keep up with at the con.
Inside the Convention
- Of course, a great source is the official Comic Con website! Here's a quick link to the panel schedule.
- This year, SDCC is implementing a wristband system for the first panel of the day in Hall H. Read up so you're prepared!
- SDCC Blog is one of the best places to go for up-to-date info on vendors, guests, and general news.
- My top 10 tips SDCC after my experience last year! My favorite tip I didn't see anywhere else? Invest in a poster tube!
- Another great source for tips and news -- The_Con_Fluence!
- Crazy 4 Comic Con brings us their Top 10 Ways to have the Best San Diego Comic Con Experience.
- When Nerds Attack has information on SDCC exclusives, signings, brand events, and more.
Outside the Convention
- This Facebook event has a huge list of all the happenings outside the convention center during the con.
- Outside Comic Con also has a detailed and organized way of viewing brand takeovers outside the convention center as well as other events.
- Geek & Sundry is taking over Jolt'n Joe's again! The Geek & Sundry lounge was awesome last year - definitely check it out if you have time.
- Nerd HQ is right next door at Petco Park and features gaming, parties, and conversations for a cause, benefiting Operation Smile.
- Here's a map and guide of the trolley from When Nerds Attack and the official shuttle service info.
- What's Comic Con without awesome nerdy parties?! The Hollywood Reporter wrote up a Full Guide to Parties in San Diego.
- If you're a female geek blogger (or vlogger, or just a female geek), come to the Female Geek Blogger meetup on Thursday!
- The Nerdy Girlie has compiled a huge list of SDCC resources, from what to pack in your bag to what Twitter users to follow! Check out the entire list here. I'll definitely be doing the Instagram challenge as well!
- Not cosplaying? Not sure what to wear? I posted about how to figure out your best outfit for SDCC last year.
- SDCC's official blog has the Toucan Tip of the Day -- there's some great info in there!
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to SDCC info and tips, but I hope it helps you out. I won't be liveblogging during the con, but I will be tweeting, Instagramming, and Facebooking my heart out, so be sure to follow for updates!