Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 in Review

It's hard to believe that 2014 is coming to a close. Between graduate school, conventions, working, and personal projects, it's been an incredible -- and incredibly busy -- year.

Blogging is like a time capsule -- looking back, I wrote over 100 posts in 2014! My blog has evolved and grown as my life, hobbies, and priorities have shifted. A blog is a continual work-in-progress, and I can't wait to see where I am at the end of 2015.

To send off the year, here's a look at some reader favorites from 2014, as well as a few of my own!

Favorite Costume

2014 Costumes
Photos by Aperture Ashley, AC Cosplay, The Nerdy Girlie, Mel Shardae, and Agent Topanga Lawrence Cosplay
To my surprise, I had 9 new costumes in 2014! (See all my costumes here.) While I loved all these costumes for different reasons, my favorite was definitely heart-eatin' Daenerys. I felt like a super tough warrior queen! I was also really proud because I made the costume from top to bottom, almost 100% from scratch!

Favorite Outfit

Cropped

Other than this outfit containing all my favorite things - boots, floral print, lace, and my cat purse - I had the opportunity to talk about being body positive and my experiences wearing clothing I'm not "supposed" to wear. 
But at my core, I believe that anyone should wear whatever they want. I believe that dressing in a "flattering" way means concealing parts of your body that others deem less than perfect - and that sometimes, that's not the way you want to dress. And when it comes down to it, I dress for me, not for other people - so I'm going to wear what I want.

Most Popular Post of 2014

Style Icon: Margaery Tyrell from Game of Thrones 
I must not be alone in my love for Margaery Tyrell, because my Style Icon post about dressing like Margaery was my most-viewed post this year! I can't wait for the new season -- and I want to do more Style Icon posts, especially for the Game of Thrones ladies.

Most Popular DIY of 2014

Cosplay 101: Underthings, Shapewear, & More

Ahh, the somewhat awkward topic of the layers beneath the costume. Before I started cosplaying, I knew very little about shapewear, bombshell bras, and dance tights, but now that I've learned so much, I wanted to pass along what I've learned to you all! It turns out that shapewear isn't discussed very much, so this post blew up!

Most Personal Post

Pills
(Source)
I made a conscious effort to talk about things that are important to me this year, even when they are hard to express. From body positivity to mental health, I covered a range of topics, and I'm planning on sharing much more next year. My favorite of these posts was my post about deciding to begin a medication for my depression and anxiety. I was so nervous about posting this, but your responses blew me away. Thank you for all the support. Starting medication was probably the best decision I made this year.

Happy New Year! What was your favorite memory from 2014?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...