Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Daily Outfit: Mermaid Skirt



Maxi Skirt?Mermaid Skirt


I'm so pleased with how my DIY skirt came out! I styled it in a simple outfit for a day of interning at home.

V-Neck: Target
Cami: Target
Belt: Forever 21
Skirt: Thrifted, turned into mullet skirt using this tutorial
Sandals: DSW

The main reason I had wanted a mullet skirt in the first place was the way these skirts move. I have always been a fan of mermaids, and that is exactly what these skirts remind me of. They are swishy, like my friend the maxi skirt, but infinitely more flattering on my figure than a maxi skirt.

This skirt calls for a more extravagant pair of shoes than the ones I paired it with today. I wish I had brought my nude pumps with me for the summer, but I feel like the sandals are more like what I would actually wear it with.

This pretty much screams summertime to me: simple, comfy, and breezy.
Work it, Baby
Mermaid SkirtSwish
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...