Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nail Polish: Mint and Coral

China Glaze -- Re-Fresh Mint
China Glaze -- Re-Fresh Mint

Okay, I'll  be the first to admit that nail polish isn't really my thing. I'm incredibly picky about what colors go on my nails, stemming from a fear of being too bold at work, not matching my outfits, or a fear of chipping. 

However, lately, I've been somewhat obsessed with wearing nail polish. And not just my normal pale pinks and nudes, but bright noticeable colors. Mint, coral, eggplant... who am I? I like the pop of color it adds, and I like to think it makes me look more put-together than I am.

Sinful Colors - Hazard
Sinful Colors - Hazard
As far as brands go, I love China Glaze, but sometimes the price tag is a little steep for colors I'm unsure about. Lately, I've been loving Sinful Colors -- only $1.99 a pop at Target. I've been wearing this coral polish for 2 days now without a single chip. That's pretty much a record for me!

I also use Blue Cross Cuticle Remover, which was recommended to me by my nail blogging friend. I read claims of it being a holy grail item, but was understandably skeptical. I was absolutely amazed by how well it works! No more rough, ugly cuticles and it's so easy to use. I really recommend it to anyone looking to paint their nails at home.

What about you -- do you do your nails yourself, go out for manicures, or leave them bare? 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...