Tuesday, December 18, 2012

What I Did: Christmas at the Gaylord Texan with the Metroplex Lolitas!

Last weekend, I went to a meetup with the local Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex Lolitas -- and the first ever meet that I hosted! It was a great experience and I met lots of wonderful girls. Liz came to visit me over the weekend, so I dragged her with me and she took photographs. Thanks so much, Liz!

Walking towards the Gaylord Texan.

First, we went to a little bakery and cafe, ate lunch, and discussed various frilly and feminist topics. I had a delicious panini with mozzarella, tomato, and pesto. Yum!

Then we went to the Gaylord Texan, a giant hotel and tourist attraction. I had never been before and I was in serious shock at how large it was there! There was a ton of different Christmas and holiday displays, including lights, giant Christmas trees, and a life-size gingerbread house made of real sweets.

The whole group in front of the Gingerbread house.

It was absolutely packed, and a lot of people seemed to think that we were part of the attractions. It is typical to have photos taken of you when out in public dressed in lolita, but it must have been at least five times worse than usual. On the plus side, there were also more people who were polite and wanted to ask us about our outfits and our little "fashion club."

We also had a little White Elephant gift exchange with lots of cute and pink glittery gifts. Almost nobody "stole" gifts, so it was actually the politest White Elephant exchange I've ever witnessed!

Everyone had lots of fun at the White Elephant gift exchange!


I went with more of a mori kei-inspired outfit this time around. mori kei (literally, forest style) is just that -- inspired by the forest. It consists of a lot of loose layers, neutral colors, and girly-but-natural elements. The style has always reminded me of fall and colder weather so I thought it would be appropriate for a winter meetup.

A solo shot of my mori-lolita coordinate by a huge present!

Typically, the loose silhouette of mori style doesn't flatter me, but combining it with some more structured lolita elements makes the style wearable for me! I still lack a lot of mori items, so I feel like this outfit is more mori-inspired than a true mori outfit. I'd love to add more to it in the future, like a (faux) fawn collar or even (faux) antlers.

The only actual lolita item is the dress (and petticoat), everything else was just in my closet.

I really see my lolita style moving towards mori more and more.

And another one by the fountain.


Outfit Details
Headband: Forever 21 | Wig: Arda Wigs | Scarf: Gift from Liz
 Jewelry, Belt: Forever 21, The Limited | Cardigan: The Limited | Dress: Bodyline
 Tights: Target | Shoes: ModCloth | Bag: Forever 21

Have you done anything fun to celebrate the holidays yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...