Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cosplay: Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim (Video Game)


Video Game Ramona Flowers Cosplay SDCC 2013
Video Game Ramona Flowers Cosplay SDCC 2013

Ramona Flowers (Video Game Version) from Scott Pilgrim

I've already done one Ramona costume, so this write-up is pretty basic! I've known for a while I wanted to make another Ramona Flowers cosplay because she is one of my favorite characters. A week before SDCC, I was considering what costumes to bring, and suddenly decided I absolutely needed a new Ramona costume. In less than a week. (Surely I'm not the only person who can't decide on anything cosplay-wise until right before the con, right?)

Anyway, I decided to put together her video game form, primarily because I could use the wig I used in my last costume. I knew the pieces would be fairly simple to gather, even if they required a little bit of modification. I was really pleased with the results!

Video Game Ramona Flowers Cosplay SDCC 2013

Conventions

Materials:


I will do a future post about how I made the hammer and how I was able to travel with it on a plane, so stay tuned!

SDCC 2013
Video Game Ramona Flowers Cosplay SDCC 2013

I like...

I LOVE how comfortable this costume is! It could not have been more perfect for the San Diego weather -- I wasn't ever too cold or too hot, and if I was, I could easily take the hoodie off.

I also, as always, love Ramona's costumes since they are so bright and colorful. I also made a hammer this time around, and it was the first prop I've ever made. It didn't turn out perfectly, but I am definitely happy with it!

I don't like...

There are a few details here and there I want to fix since I was rushed, like some paint peeling off or my socks being slightly inaccurate. Overall, though, I am incredibly pleased with the costume and how fast it came together!

Video Game Ramona Flowers Cosplay SDCC 2013 Video Game Ramona Flowers Cosplay SDCC 2013 Video Game Ramona Flowers Cosplay SDCC 2013

Next time, I'll...

I'll definitely clean up my previous work, like mentioned above. I think I'll stick with this hammer for now, but I'd love to build a new and improved version at some point. This first prototype is a little heavy.

P.S. - Shoutout to Liz for taking these photos, Colby for being my Scott, and Mary for being my Roxie!

For more cosplay, check my cosplay tag here or my cosplay page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...