Saturday, November 9, 2013

Featured: Celestial Bodies

Abby from A Geek Tragedy interviewed me for her body positive series, Celestial Bodies. I think it's so, so important to remember to be kind to ourselves. Abby's series features a wide range of bloggers and their stories of personal body image - a definite must-read, and I can't wait for more interviews to be posted.

Celestial Bodies | A Geek Tragedy

I answered Abby's questions a while ago, so re-reading the final piece made me remember to take my own advice:
"The best advice I could give to my younger self is if it doesn't make you happy, it’s not worth it. Does agonizing over my lack of chest or big thighs change anything? No. Does it make me happy? No. So it’s not worth it. It’s so much more worth it to spend my time doing things I love. If I could take back all the time I spent on hating myself throughout my life and instead hula hoop, or work on cosplay, or travel, I’m certain I’d have several weeks of fun and a much better life experience to share." 
Check out the full article here, and don't forget to browse Abby's blog while you are there. If you are interested in participating in the Celestial Bodies series, simply contact Abby!

What body image advice would you give to a younger version of yourself?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...