Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Daily Outfit: Starry-Eyed Surprise

Starry-Eyed Surprise

I always find myself avoiding outfit posts when I'm wearing jeans. Part of me feels like when I post an outfit, it's a little arrogant. "You should be looking at me! I know what I'm doing!" But in reality, I post my outfits as a personal backlog - to improve, to see changes in myself and my style, and to offer to anyone on the internet interested. (Style blogs were a large part of me realizing it was okay to have an interest in clothes.) 

I think there's some element of being a style blogger that makes me feel like I have to be an expert, but really? I am definitely, definitely not. 

Starry-Eyed Surprise

So here's an outfit with jeans and a shirt, a basic, tried-and-true combination that I have done nothing revolutionary with. And yet, I really dig this outfit. The galaxy shirt (which I thought was a sweater but is actually just a shirt) was calling my name, and what better to wear with it than my starry, silver sequinned hat? Paired with the bright pink lipstick I never know how to wear, I felt like an intergalactic cutie all day.

While I prefer skirts and dresses, jeans are part of my wardrobe, too, even if I always feel somewhat boring when I wear them.

Starry-Eyed Surprise Starry-Eyed Surprise

Outfit Details
Hat: Plato's Closet (Similar) | Shirt: Target (Available in stores) | Jeans: Express 
Shoes: Steve Madden | Rings: Ebay, Ruche, Forever 21 | Lipstick: NYX

How do you make jeans exciting?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...