Friday, January 17, 2014

Daily Outfit: Forest Girl

Mori-Kei Coordinate

I've explored mori-kei (forest-style) fashion before, but only in the context of mixing it with lolita. I love the look - it's meant to evoke the idea of a girl who lives in the forest. If you're totally new to the fashion, my friend Kellie has a lovely write-up on her blog! (Kellie also took most of the photos in this post - thanks!)

It involves lots of layering and loose-fitting pieces - which are typically hard for me to style. I have loved the fashion for ages, but partaking involves a lot of style challenges for me!

I consider this outfit to be my first-ever, full mori-kei outfit. And for a first-timer, I think it turned out pretty good! I want to tea dye the white skirt to make it off-white or beige. Other than that, I just need a few more pieces and experimentation.

Mori-Kei Coordinate

I love so many pieces in this outfit, but my favorite is my new lace collar. It's kind of like a necklace, so you can wear it with any cardigan or shirt, and it's such a fun detail. I got it from Born Pretty, which has so many cute items, like nail art supplies, jewelry and accessories, and for really affordable prices! Shipping was fairly quick (considering it came from Asia) and I love the quality of the items I got.

Born Pretty is also offering a special discount, just for you guys - use the code MMT10 for 10% off your order! Since everything is so affordable and shipping is free worldwide, you really have nothing to lose.

I'll be reviewing my other accessory from Born Pretty later, so keep an eye out!

Mori-Kei Coordinate

I wore this outfit to a meetup with my local, budding mori girl community! There are only a few of us, and all of us are fairly new to the fashion. It's fun to learn together and watch the group grow.

We went to a cute little cafe and bakery, drank dirty chai lattes, and took pictures by the plants and scenery around the cafe. I look forward to future meetups - I can't wait to try my hand at mori-kei and similar fashions again soon!

Mori-Kei Coordinate Mori-Kei Coordinate

Outfit Details
Wig: LockShop | Lace Collar: c/o Born Pretty | Sweater: Buffalo Exchange
Cardigan: The Limited (Similar) | Green Skirt: Buffalo Exchange | White Skirt: Thrifted
Boots: ModCloth | Purse: ModCloth

Have you heard of mori-kei before?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...