Monday, March 3, 2014

Cosplay: Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim (Volume 5 Cover Version)

Ramona Flowers Volume 5 Cover - Ikkicon 2013
Photo: Filmshooter
Ramona Flowers (Volume 5)
Photo: Sherwin Bartonico

I can't lie - I'm playing Ramona Flowers bingo. I've only seen this term applied to Homestuck characters, but basically it means I'm going to cosplay every version of this character I can and you can't stop me. This is my third version of Ramona so far (see #1 and #2). 

Taking photos of this costume has been a comedy of errors - first, at Ikkicon, my camera's auto focus was broken so I couldn't take any pictures myself; when I got the chance to take photos with a local photographer, I totally forgot to wear my belts. Even so, I really love the shots that we got, and the photos I've found so far, despite everything.

Ramona Flowers (Volume 5)
Photo: Sherwin Bartonico
Call me ♥ #ikkicon #ramonaflowersI'm volume 5 Ramona today!  If you see me say hello! #Ikkicon #scottpilgrim #ramonaflowers

As usual, Ramona's costumes are super comfortable and relatively easy to put together. She's definitely my favorite character to dress as (though I'm sure that's pretty evident by now!). One improvement I made this time around was printing some of my cosplay contact cards with Ramona's phone number - more of a hilarious in-joke to me than anything.

Conventions:

Materials: 

  • Wig: Arda Wigs Greta in Royal Blue, cut and styled
  • Hooded shirt: Amazon
  • Jean Jacket: Thrifted
  • Belts: Amazon (#1, #2)
  • Pink shorts: Thrifted (bought as pants, cut into shorts)
  • Tights: ModCloth
  • Subspace Bag: Amazon
  • Necklace: Shoelace
  • Gloves: Hot Topic (years ago)
  • Hammer: DIY


Ramona Flowers (Volume 5)
Photo: Sherwin Bartonico
Ramona Flowers (Volume 5)
Photo: Sherwin Bartonico

What's next for Ramona? Well, I am working on another Ramona costume already, this time from the movie. I'll be re-making her hammer to match the movie version (rather than this one, which is more of a video game/comic hybrid). With the movie version, there's also the additional challenge of doing my makeup to match an actual person rather than a cartoon. I'm excited to see how I do!

Ramona Flowers Volume 5 Cover - Ikkicon 2013
Photo: Filmshooter


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...