Around the Web
- Your Princess is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds.
- Liz introduced me to A Cast of Kings, a Game of Thrones podcast, and I love it! It really helps with understanding who smaller characters are and how the scenes are modified or completely rewritten for the show. I'm sad the season has wrapped up, but I'll be listening to some of the older episodes to make the time go by a little faster.
- Love Your Cosplay Body is a welcome addition to my news feed.
- Pastelbat on Tumblr has some of the most amazing outfits I've ever seen.
- Couponing at JoAnn Fabrics means saving over 50% off the normal price - definitely helpful for cosplayers and crafters!
- Evernote is one of my favorite tools and I use it daily. This post explains how to make use of Evernote for business, reaching goals, and multitasking.
- Vicious Cosplay shares her experience overcoming self-esteem issues to do a swimsuit cosplay. Her costume turned out beautiful and I'm so glad she shared her challenges!
Around the Blogosphere
- You Can't Read That: Book Shaming & Nerd Culture - because YA reading is just as valid as any other reading.
- I love, love, love being inspired by fictional characters and visuals in my daily live. Jessica's Screen Style: Batman Beyond (1999), a Style Analysis is a wonderful read!
- My Top 5 (Mostly Free) Blogging Tools from Gamerwife is so useful! I already use several of the tools mentioned.
- And, just for good measure, how about some Bee and Puppycat Love?