Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sponsor Spotlight: June 2014

It's summer - time for sitting on the patio, sipping a cool drink and watching fireflies... all with your nose in a book. This month, I have lots of awesome geeky ladies who share their favorite summer drink and reading recommendations.

My sponsors allow me to spend more time on blogging and creating great stuff for you guys - thanks so much for supporting my work!

Sponsor Spotlight

Joie Fatale: Confessions of a Book Pimp

Hi! I'm Joie, and I am over at Confessions of a Book Pimp, where I am chronicling my desire to become fit and strong, as well as having fun sharing my fandoms and other likes. I'm also a pop culture fan, book, & comic lover (hence my nickname ""Book Pimp"" from my best friend) as well as an anime, music, & cat fan.

Iced tea or lemonade? BOTH! Arnold Palmers for the summer-time-beverage WIN!
What's your favorite summer read? The Harry Potter series and I always re-listen to Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey (NOT to be confused with "50 shades...") Both are my favorite series...even if the later still only has the first book of the trilogy out (it's that wonderful though)!
If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it? Save it for Comic Con LOL! Or pay off a debt... Since it is June, I think Comic Con would come first. #NotWise

Vintage Virtue

Use the code SAV15 for 15% off your total purchase
Custom orders available!

Vintage Virtue is my way of giving the fangirls (and boys) in this world an outlet to celebrate their love for all things geeky, retro or just plain obscure. The shop was established in 2009 when I found it difficult to find geeky accessories for women at an affordable price, especially for more obscure fandoms.

Iced tea or lemonade? Both if possible, but lemonade if I really have to choose.
What's your favorite summer read? Any light-hearted mystery novel; something by Agatha Christie or an Angie Amalfi mystery by Joanne Pence
If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it? It's a boring answer but I'd pay off some debt.


Sponsor Spotlight

The Written Word(s)

Snail Mail - Geekery - Life. I write about the mail I send out and receive as well as writing book reviews, how-to posts, hosting giveaways and I especially enjoy writing about fellow geeks that inspire me.

Iced tea or lemonade? Iced Tea.Neither, actually. I like Fanta though :) or Bacardi Breezers ;)
What's your favorite summer read? Anything by Sarah Dessen. My favorite book by her is The Truth About Forever.
If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it? Try not to spend it all on more washi tape and rubber stamps XD

Sponsor Spotlight: May 2014

Ellani Designs

Free shipping in the US!

Ellani Designs is the love child of one notorious internet enthusiast, and self proclaimed gamer/geek girlheroine - Tanith or as Tanibelle has her infamous online handle. Her shop curates a collection of awesome-ness: Cute and functional totes along with geeky inspired art and typographic prints to liven up any room you throw it into, and fun vinyl sticker to decorate anywhere they'll stick to (which is almost everything). With her skills in design, Ellani Designs also offers those up and coming entrepreneurs with affordable graphic design services, customized and pre-made perfect those any budget.

Iced tea or lemonade? BOTH! I recently discovered half/half (I'm not a native Southerner, is it obvious?) I really like Half & Half
What's your favorite summer read? Nothing like a good adventure: HP, The Hobbit, things like that.
If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it? What I'd logically do? Pay down some debt. What I *can* to do? Go to Texas and go to cons, perhaps hang with Mia & go to vegan bakeries with her and eat till we pass out.

March Sponsor Spotlight

Gamerwife


Hi! I'm Mariko, a.k.a. Gamewife: cat mom, indie video game enthusiast and general nerd-girl about town. Gamerwife the blog is a mix of game reviews, cat love and snippets of my often mundane, but usually nerdy life. I love cooking, geek and video game culture, and a lot of very bad tv shows. Come join me, won't you?

Iced tea or lemonade? Iced Tea. I am actually allergic to citrus fruit, so lemonade was never a thing for me growing up.
What's your favorite summer read? This summer is dedicate to the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater, thanks to my sister's introduction.
If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it? If I won $1000 I'd probably save it so I could travel with my husband. That's about as extravagant as I get these days. ;)


Sponsor Spotlight: May 2014
Harper Honey


I'm Harper and my blog, Harper Honey, is a blog dedicated to the universes in my brain. Pretty things I lust after, music hauls, career and college tips-- my site is a blog of my lifestyle.

Iced tea or lemonade? Lemonade! Or both with a little vodka :)
What's your favorite summer read? I'm not sure I have one this summer. I'm spending most of this summer out in New York!
If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it? See more Broadway shows, and eat better food.


Oh So Kawaii


In my opinion you can never have to much pink in your life. Kawaii is not a word, but a state of being. Welcome to my life. I craft, dance, shop and travel then I write about it here in this cool little blog of mine. Come visit me, the more the merrier ^_^

Iced tea or lemonade? Depends on my mood as I am a big fan of both. But right now my mood is telling me iced tea.
What's your favorite summer read? It's currently winter here and FREEZING, so I am enjoying cuddling up in bed reading The Magician.
If you won $1000 today, what would you do with it? If I won $1000 today, I unfortunately would have to be all boring and responsible and put it towards paying off my car loan. Lame.

Thanks again to my fabulous sponsors! If you're interested in supporting xo Mia in July, click here for rates and more information.

What's your favorite summer read?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...