Saturday, July 7, 2012

Daily Outfit: Hoop Dance Party!

Last night, I went to a Hoop Dance Party with Jessica and Kelly! I had so, so much fun there. I'm pretty new to hoop dance and I've only seriously started practicing this summer, but I felt right at home! There were lots of hoopers, lots of styles, and, most importantly, some seriously rockin' songs to hoop to. It was great to be able to hoop with others and I definitely want to go to more meetups now. Hoopers are seriously some of the nicest people you will ever meet!

Hoop-de-Hoop-de-Hoop

For those of you who aren't hoopers, you probably don't know that hoops like skin. For tricks and hooping on odd body parts, it can be really difficult without something for the hoop to stick to -- I can't even attempt leg hooping with jeans on! So I picked an outfit that would let me hoop effectively: No jewelry, no extra bulk, and lots of places for the hoop to hit.


Hoop-de-Hoop-de-Hoop


Lace bolero: Secondhand at a swap, originally Forever 21
Dress: Target
Shoes: Target
Hoop: Handmade! His name is Nebula :)
Hoop Dance Party!
Top right photo credit to Jessica Mullen! 

Have you done anything fun this weekend?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...