Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What I Did: RTX 2012


This weekend, I went to the second annual Rooster Teeth Expo, a gaming convention right here in Austin. In case you didn't know, Rooster Teeth is the studio behind Red vs. Blue, the immensely popular Halo machinima series. They also have a massive online community. Admittedly, I am not a part of the community or a big fan of Halo, but I got an email a few weeks ago saying that the world premiere of Halo 4 gameplay was at RTX this year. Since my boyfriend, Colby, is a video game reviewer and we're local, we decided to go and check it out!

Halo 4 was fun! We waited 3 hours to play a multiplayer round.

I wasn't sure what to expect since I'm not really in the community, but I wound up really enjoying the convention! Panels like Careers in New Media, How to Roll Your Own Rooster Teeth, and Production and Promotion explored online content creation and promotion methods, which strongly appealed to me as a Digital Media student and a new blogger. The panel guests were professional, entertaining, and well-versed in their areas of expertise. Colby and I left with lots of new ideas for both of our sites and we can't wait to implement them. I can easily say RTX was the most informative convention I've ever been to, and that was completely unexpected. 


Overall, it was a ton of fun and I'm so glad we decided to go on a whim! I'm sure that we will be attending next year.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...