Friday, November 30, 2012

Cosplay: Pinkie Pie

Cosplay Banner


In my cosplay series, I examine each costume I make, how I created it, what I would do differently, and so on! For more cosplay posts, just look in the cosplay tag here.

Anime Fest 2012 Pony Shoot

Ah, another costume my beloved Birthday Twin Peony made for me! To celebrate our birthday this year, we decided to go as ponies, because it just seemed like a magical idea. She loves science and learning like Twilight Sparkle, and I love being excited and wearing pink like Pinkie Pie! She made both of these costumes, including her own corset. She is so talented! I'm lucky to have a best friend like her.


Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony

Pinkie Pie loves parties, cupcakes, and surprises. She's also the main pony to sing songs in the series! I love her cheerful attitude and fun-loving personality. She's definitely who I wanted to emulate on my birthday!

Friendship is Magic

Conventions

Materials

  • N/A

I like...

Pink! Sparkles! Pearls! Glitter! There's nothing I don't love about Pinkie and this interpretation. I loved the fabric that Peony picked out! It's glittery and has little swirls and butterflies. I also loved the shape of the dress and the shawl-type wrap.

I don't like...

The fancy wrap/shawl thing was too small, which happens when you are making costumes at a distance, so I had to improvise in the hotel room with some extra ribbon. It turned out okay, but I think next time I'll remake it. I don't really like my wig because it's too thin.

Friendship is Magic

Next time, I'll...

I would love to add more to this costume! Since it's 1950's housewife inspired, I think an apron and maybe decorated oven mitts could be fun. I also want to use the wig and the cutie mark over and over again and do different versions of Pinkie. A casual Pinkie Pie would be fun.

Conclusion

Dressing as Pinkie Pie was such a great way to celebrate my birthday with my birthday twin! I'm really grateful to Peony for making such a pretty costume for me and for being my Twi. Keep your eyes peeled, because you may see more MLP cosplay from me in the future!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...