Thursday, November 15, 2012

St. Jude Give thanks. Walk.

Hello, friends! I hope you have been having a spectacular week.

I wanted to check in from my blog hiatus to tell you about a cause near and dear to my heart -- St. Jude.

Delta Delta Delta Loves St. Jude!

St. Jude Children's Hospital provides services to children fighting cancer and their families. St. Jude knows how tough that kind of experience is on a family, and will even fly the family out and provide accommodations for them, too. The best part? Those treated by St. Jude never have to pay for ANY services! Generous donors (like you!) help support the hospital and keep it free.

My younger brother passed away when he was 5 years old from heart complications. My personal experience with children's hospitals makes me passionate about contributing to St. Jude now. I will never forget the impact that going in and out of hospitals has on a young child and their family. I want to help these families stay as close as possible during this life-shaking event. St. Jude keeps families together as much as possible, and that is just one reason that makes St. Jude such a wonderful organization.

I am doing the St. Jude Give thanks. Walk. this Saturday with my fellow Tri Delta sisters. It's a wonderful reminder during this season of thankfulness. I'm so thankful for my family and friends and their good health, and I'm thankful for organizations like St. Jude that help out those who need it.

I walk for my brother. I walk for all the children of St. Jude and their families. 



My goal was to raise $50 to support St. Jude and all the work they do. I am so pleased to say that I have surpassed my goal! However, St. Jude can use all the money they can get. It costs $1.7 million to operate the hospital each day.

If you are interested in making a donation, you can stop by my page here. Thank you so much!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...