Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Daily Outfit: Last First Day


Last First Day

Monday was my last first day of school (for my undergraduate degree). It's sort of a bittersweet moment. I am graduating in only three years, so it feels like it flew by! At the same time, I think I have come so far in the past few years. 

When I started college, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, what my major would be... I hardly even had hobbies. Now, I feel like I have a plan and passion for so many different things. I'm so grateful that these past few years have treated me so well, and that I have grown so much as a person.

Last First Day

But enough of the sappy stuff! This little ensemb was again inspired by Ramona Flowers -- I feel like I've been channeling her a lot lately! She's way more punk than I will ever be, but I stole this leather jacket and dress combo from her. Having excellent outer layers is a completely new idea to me -- I've always been partial to cardigans and only recently have discovered blazers. Thank you, Ramona, for teaching me the magic of a leather jacket.

Last First Day

Paired with the world's largest, fluffiest, and warmest scarf and a poofy floral dress, this outfit was perfect for travelling around campus for the first day of classes. I had a big coat and convertible mittens on, too. It's been below freezing lately in North Texas. I am not pleased with the cold, but at least I've learned to layer a little better.

Outfit Details
Scarf: American Eagle | Jacket: Ebay | Dress: Thrifted | Tights: Urban Outfitters | Boots: DSW

What is your layer of choice? 

Cardigans, blazers, jackets? (Other?!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...