Friday, February 15, 2013

What I Did: Mount Bonnell Mini-Date

Mt. Bonnell
The view from up there is simply incredible!
Mount Bonnell is the highest point in Austin and provides a breathtaking view of the lake and city. After our Valentine's Day date, Colby took me on the fairly short trek up the hill the following day.

Mt. Bonnell
The lake, the sky, the trees! All so gorgeous.
It is hard to capture in photos how serene this view really is. The weather was perfect -- a little chilly, but not too cold. We took my DSLR to take some nice photos from the summit and I am so glad we did. 

Mt. Bonnell
It is crazy how large some of the hillside houses are.

Mt. Bonnell
Colby and I at the top!
I definitely opted for comfy and easy to move in for this little hike. Aside from my gym shoes, these boots are actually easiest to walk in. I also wanted to be a little bundled up for the weather but not too hot, so the cardigan worked perfectly.

Mt. Bonnell
Me at the top of Mount Bonnell.
Outfit Details

Hat: Plato's Closet | Cardigan: Target | Sushi tank top: Forever 21 | Jeans: Express | Boots: DSW

I also took a short video at the summit to show the full view. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...