Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cosplay: Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim (Volume 6)

Cosplay Banner

In my cosplay series, I examine each costume I make, how I created it, what I would do differently, and so on! For more cosplay posts, just look in the cosplay tag here.




Ramona Flowers Cosplay Collage
Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim Volume 6: Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour!

It's been a while since I've done a cosplay post! There always seems to be a convention dry season after summer conventions, even though there are quite a few. This year, I wasn't able to go to All-Con, Dallas Sci Fi Expo, Anime Matsuri, or (in the future) Dallas Comic Con! Bad timing on each convention. So until my next convention all the way in June, I'll be working on costumes and bringing my cosplay page up to date.

The first costume we have is Miss Ramona Flowers! I absolutely love how this costume turned out.

Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim

After seeing the Scott Pilgrim movie, I went back and read the series... and I loved it! While the movie was great, the comic books go into the characters more, especially Ramona. I love the story, the video game and nerd culture references, and the humor. Ramona is one of my favorite characters because she's such a style icon! Aside from that, she also has a warm heart.

Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers

Conventions

Materials

  • Wig: Arda Wigs Jaguar in Teal, styled by me 
  • Star Clip: Handmade from felt 
  • Leather Jacket: Ebay (Only $10!) 
  • Dress: Handmade, using Cynthia Rowley 1873 pattern 
  • Subspace bag: Ebay (You can get your own here!) 
  • Boots: DSW


I like...

I sewed this dress in about 2 days, and it turned out wonderful for my first-ever dress! It's not perfect, but there aren't very many mistakes in the final product. It's very comfortable, too -- this is one of my most comfortable costumes.

I think the wig is really fun, too! I love the color and the style. Also, the jacket and bag are now both in regular rotation in my wardrobe. I love cosplay pieces you can wear, too!

Ramona Flowers
Scott Pilgrim and Ramona Flowers


I don't like...

I didn't have a hammer! Honestly, there isn't anything else I didn't like about this costume.

Next time, I'll...

I have plans to make a hammer (or maybe two?!) to use. I'd love to add more details as I come up with them. I also plan to learn more about cosplay makeup this year and I want Ramona to have a bolder look.


If you liked this post, let's keep in touch!
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+

Follow my blog: Bloglovin' | RSS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...