Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Daily Outfit: Spring has Sprung

IMG_1347

As the weather warms up, I'm feeling inspired by my closet again. Dreary, rainy, windy wintery weather makes it so difficult to want to dress for anything other than survival. (Is that overdramatic? I try not to hate the cold, but I really, really do.) It's so nice to finally pack away my tights and pull out colors other than black.

As usual, Texas has skipped a season and gone straight to summer (we went from 40 and raining to 85 and sunny overnight). I'm enjoying it though, since it won't be long before temperatures reach over 100 degrees!

I really like this outfit because the base is fairly simple, but I can mix it up with accessories for different looks. I tend to go for gold accessories since I rarely get to wear them, but I love having a lot of different options. The combination of the belt, skirt, and cardigan is also a really flattering look for taller, pear-shaped girls like myself. It can be really difficult to find a skirt that hits at the waist (or in this case, a little higher) and is still long enough.

Shoe Detail
IMG_1369
My nails match my outfit!
Outfit Details:
Cardigan, Cami: Target | Skirt: Thrifted in San Francisco | Belt: Came with a dress
Shoes:  Steve Madden (Similar) | Necklace: The Limited (Similar) | Earrings: Forever 21

Are you celebrating spring where you live?

  P.S. -- I recently added a label for spring, summer, fall, and winter, to sort outfits by season! I feel like this will mostly be for my own reference, but I think it's really fun!

If you liked this post, let's keep in touch!
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+

Follow my blog:
Bloglovin' | RSS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...