Monday, April 15, 2013

Mani Monday: Nude with a Sparkle

OPI Samoan Sand
OPI Samoan Sand and Forever 21 glitter polish

Despite my fairly sizable nail polish collection, I don't actually bother painting my nails that often. This is something I'd like to change, so I'll be sharing my manicures here. I hope it'll encourage me to try some new techniques and use the nail polishes I have. 

To begin, I knew I wanted to paint my nails in a soft nude color, but I wanted something a little more exciting. I saw a few ideas on Pinterest (here and here) that paired nude with glitter, and so I pulled out the glitter and got to work!

This was my first time using this color by OPI, and while I like the shade, it took over 4 coats to reach full opacity. It also applied streaky and overall gave me issues with application. I will have to see if I can troubleshoot this polish the next time I use it.

I love the way the sparkles turned out and they were surprisingly easy to do! Glitter polish is pretty forgiving that way.

Linking up today with Mani Monday and The Nail Files!

Do you paint your nails often?




 If you liked this post, let's keep in touch!
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+

Follow my blog:
Bloglovin' | RSS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...