Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lolita: Sweet Mix Swap Meet

April Lolita Meetup
Classic coordinate -- dusty rose and burgundy paired with ivory!

This past weekend, the Metroplex lolita group had a little meetup at a local sweets shop called Sweet Mix! This place sells elaborate crepes, waffles, bubble tea, and other scrumptious treats. I picked up some non-dairy bubble tea and chatted with both old and new faces -- this meetup had a huge turnout!

I wore one of my first-ever dresses from Bodyline. It's sort of a rosy pink color, and I sometimes have difficulty matching it with things, but as I was looking for my favorite brown heels, I saw these burgundy ones peeking out at me. Perfect! I grabbed them and this deep red purse and I was in business. I would have preferred to have red at least one other place in my outfit, but I didn't have a hair accessory that was more of a deep red. Next time!

I've also been dying to wear this blouse since I bought it a few weeks ago. The collar has beautiful pearls sewn in. It's hard to believe it's from Forever 21 (except for how sheer it is).

Outfit Details
Headband: Forever 21 | Wig: Arda Wigs | Blouse: Forever 21 | Dress: Bodyline
  Purse: Forever 21 | Shoes: ModCloth | Bracelets: Forever 21 and The Limited

April Lolita Meetup
Shout out to Meci for taking these great photos for me!

After eating our fill of sweet snacks, we traveled outside and spread out blankets to set out our undesired items and swap and sell! I wound up scooping up a few goodies -- a new skirt, wrist cuffs (which I am wearing in these photos!), a cute handmade alpaca pin and the cutest shrug ever. I also managed to sell a little bit, hooray! Like I've said before, I really see my lolita style shifting to be a little more classic than super saccharine sweet, and selling off my old items is helping me transition over.

My #accessories today - #wristcuffs, #bracelets, and a #teapot ring. #lolita #lolitafashion #classiclolita My spoils from the #lolita swap and sell meet - a new #bodyline skirt,  cute sequinned shrug, wrist cuffs, and a handmade #alpaca!

April Lolita Meetup
Our group -- a few people had just left, so this wasn't all of us. Everyone looks great!

It was really great to see everyone, as well as met some new people! I am moving so soon that I may not see many of these ladies (and gentleman) again for a while. It's a little bittersweet, but I am happy that our community has grown so large in the time I've been here.


If you liked this post, let's keep in touch!
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | Google+

Follow my blog:
Bloglovin' | RSS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...