After attending the Texas Style Council, I realized that I want to talk more on this blog about something I'm really, truly passionate about: body positivity.
Body positivity, at its core, means feeling comfortable in your own skin, but it's so much more than that. It's not putting others down for how they look, how they are shaped, or what size they are. It's the beginnings of a true sisterhood.
But it's not easy. As a culture, we are constantly told we aren't good enough, whether that is based on our weight, height, dress size, skin type, color, hair texture, or GPA. We are constantly under attack. Being body positive, for yourself and for all other bodies, is difficult. It's much easier to go with the toxic messages we hear, but that's just it -- they're damaging.
Luckily, we're living in a time where there are tons of tools to help us be more positive about our appearances. Today, I want to introduce you to my new friend, BeauCoo.
BeauCoo: Find Clothes that Fit and Flatter
BeauCoo (pronounced bo-koo) has a tagline that explains the premise well: Find clothes that fit and flatter. At its core, BeauCoo is a style network where you can upload photos of clothing as well as give a description (i.e., runs big in the bust, a little short for taller girls, etc.). Where BeauCoo differs from similar style networks is that it is customized to your unique measurements (or "dimensions") and totally, 100% body positive. That doesn't mean it's only good for plus size women -- it's for every woman of every size from every walk of life. It’s about feeling good about yourself, and that starts with finding clothing that fits the way you want it to!
Here’s how it works!
How to Use BeauCoo
- Download the app on Android or iPhone, or sign up online. I love the app because it’s so easy to scroll through while waiting or killing time.
- Enter your measurements. These are totally confidential, unless you want to share!
- Post your clothes. BeauCoo allows you to select top, bottom, or full-body pieces. Be sure to give helpful hints for how the pieces fit.
- Search! Once you enter your unique measurements, you can search through other entries and see how clothing falls on other, similar bodies. It's incredible to see a variety of people modeling clothing, not just one body type. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with style blogs in the first place -- seeing a wider variety of people and their unique take on clothing!
- Add to your Likes and Wants. If you find something you adore, you can either "like" or "want" it to refer back to it later when shopping. This is an easy way to keep track of new stores and brands you might want to try.
- Share with friends. A community like this works best with more people – more styles, more body types, and more different perspectives! Invite your friends to grow the body positive community.
If you want to follow me, I have a button up on my sidebar or you can click it right here! I’d love to see what you share.
How does what you wear affect how you feel about yourself?
Disclaimer: This was a sponsored post, but I'm genuinely in love with BeauCoo's mission and premise. All thoughts are my own.