Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sponsor Love: Merrie from The Skinny Student

You may have noticed Merrie's banner over on my sidebar -- she's one of my August sponsors! She's brand new at blogging and I asked her some questions so we could all get to know each other a little better. Be sure to visit her blog and say hi!



Hi Merrie! Tell us a little about yourself and what your blog is about.


I am a junior in college studying Speech-Language Pathology! I started my blog, The Skinny Student, after gaining some weight my first few years of college. On my blog you can see my fitness progress and I will be sharing some of my favorite workouts and tips that I learn along the way!

I'm really passionate about body positivity, or loving the skin you're in. How do you balance staying healthy with a positive body image?


Body positivity is such a hard thing for girls and young women to grasp. I know I'm guilty myself of seeing that girl at the gym and wishing I had her arms or seeing someone post a picture on Facebook and wishing I had their ads. But, I think it all comes down to really loving yourself (inside and out!). Be confident in your own skin and be confident in who you are! Also, it never hurts to make a list of your favorite physical features about yourself! That always helps me if I ever am feeling down about my body image.

How would you describe your style?

My style: VINTAGE! I am basically in love with the fashions from the 1930s-1960s (I just can't pick one decade). I love to dress feminine with that vintage flair!  I really feel as though I was born in the wrong era when it comes to fashion.

What's your favorite, go-to outfit?

My favorite go- to outfit is always a dress, a cute pair on sandals and a big ol' necklace! Dresses are just so comfortable! Wearing a dress I always feel put together, feminine and pretty. Also, dresses are the bomb because you can go out to eat and eat as much as you want because HEY you're not wearing tight pants!



Do you have any tips for juggling college and hobbies while keeping fitness a priority?

Make a schedule!!! This is seriously the most important thing you can do while in college! Set aside 30 minutes to an hour each day for working out. Know that this time is for working out! All studying, homework, cleaning, blogging, WHATEVER can be done before or after your workout! You can do it!

How do you make health and fitness fun?

As sad as this sounds, trash TV really helps me get through most of my workouts. In fact, I will plan to go to the gym whenever Real Housewives is on just so I can watch it while I'm on the treadmill! Watching TV really helps time fly for me while I'm at the gym. If I'm at home working out, I am sure to play some of my favorite guilty pleasure songs to get me moving and grooving (La Vida Loca anyone?)

Do you consider yourself a geek and if so, what are your geeky interests?

Yes, I do consider myself a Disney, Classic Movie, Broadway geek. If that's such a thing? Haha I have a weird obsession for all of those things. Mary Poppins is my favorite Disney movie. I can't pick my favorite classic movie but some of them would be: Gone with the Wine, Yankee Doodle Dandy, The Women, and The Philadelphia Story. And my favorite Broadway right now is Hello, Dolly! I could go on and on much longer, but I'll spare you. I also really love Star Wars and Marvel Superheroes. Although I really have my boyfriend to thank for my increased love of superheroes. As he would like to say, I am the Mary Jane to his Peter Parker.

Thanks Merrie! It's been so fun discovering your blog, especially since you just started.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this interview with me Mia!! I nominated you for the Liebster Award over at The Skinny Student!

    http://skinnystudentblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/me-liebster-award.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...