Monday, September 2, 2013

21 Goals for my 21st Year

September 1st (yesterday) was my birthday, and one of my last "iconic" birthdays for a while. With so many changes in my life lately -- graduating with my Bachelor's, moving to Austin, beginning my MBA with my cohort, to name a few -- this year already feels significant.

I didn't originate the idea of accomplishing goals by your next birthday, but it's an idea I've always loved. All of these are totally new things for me -- stuff that I've never tried but wanted to, or things I feel I should experience. No matter how big or how small, here are all the new things I want to try for my 21st year.

Red Velvet Cupcakes

  1. Perfect a vegan cupcake recipe.
  2. Go to a roller derby bout.
  3. Go to all the stores on the Vintage Around Town guide.
  4. Meditate every day for a week.
  5. Do an activity on Lady Bird Lake.
  6. Learn to do a handstand.
  7. Make a light box for photography.
  8. Start a garden.
  9. Volunteer with a local organization for at least one day.
  10. Take a self-defense class.
  11. Deactivate Facebook for a week.
  12. Make mochi.
  13. Watch all the classic Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe movies.
  14. Send a card for someone's birthday, anniversary, or other event.
  15. Go for a walk or run on The Trail.
  16. Complete my Princess Yue costume.
  17. Learn to do a Victory Roll hairstyle.
  18. Paint my bicycle.
  19. Style knee-high or thigh-high socks in an outfit.
  20. Eat an all-raw meal.
  21. Watch Star Trek (TV series).
Like I said, some silly, some more serious, but all things I'd love to try!

Last Updated: January 2014

What's on your "bucket list"?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...