Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Daily Outfit: Peachy Keen

Peachy Keen Peachy Keen Peachy Keen
Earrings: c/o Ruche | Necklace: American Eagle (old, similar here) 
Cardigan: Pim Kie (similar) | Dress: ModCloth ($15 off your first purchase) | Watch: Anne Klein 
Bracelet: Jawbone UP | Shoes: Steve Madden (secondhand)

The first day back at school is always kind of tough to dress for. You want to show your professors that you'll be a good student, your peers that you are approachable, and somehow give a hint of your personality, too.

Since my program is a small cohort program, meaning we all take the same classes at the same time throughout the program, we had already met at orientation. It felt like the first day of school came early! By the time the actual first day rolled around, it was a lot less stressful to dress for. Since I just scooped up this ModCloth dress during the recent sale, I wanted to wear it! Pairing it with grey and silver accessories seemed like a no-brainer since there's grey in the print -- my favorite Virgo necklace, new earrings from Ruche, and trusty cardigan to the rescue! I am already envisioning more colorful combinations with this dress.

As I transition into graduate school, I have different needs for dressing. Nowadays, I am not working (except freelance work at home), so no need for office clothes. (I'm celebrating inside!) But now, my transportation of choice is my bicycle, so I need to be aware of that when I make clothing decisions.

Cycling in a skirt has proven to be no problem so far, but shoes and layers are. It's so hot in the Texas summer that when I'm on my bike, my hair is up and my cardigan comes off. These shoes, which are only slightly too big, were also a pain on my bike because they kept trying to slip off mid-pedal. Not cool!

I'm excited to be at a place where I can play with my style. When you work in an environment that dictates your dress code, it can be easy to lose track of your personal style, and I feel like that's happened to me a little bit.

What's your go-to for the first day of school? Or work?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...