Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Daily Outfit: Fluttershy

What kind of blogger would I be without a flower crown?

Fluttershy

All joking aside, I've wanted a flower crown since they became in vogue, but I didn't want to shell out a ton of money for a crown I wasn't completely excited about. So... I made my own! I love how it turned out -- here's a tutorial I made!

Fluttershy

I paired the pink and white flower crown with a yellow dress, polka dotted chambray shirt, and some other magical accessories to work at Yaya Han's booth at Brony Fan Fair! I was inspired by Fluttershy, the soft-spoken pony on the newest iteration of the My Little Pony television series. Her pastel colors have always reminded me of a fluffy cupcake, so I decided to channel her for the first day of the convention. Many people thought I was actually cosplaying Fluttershy, even though I didn't have a wig or anything! I threw on some of Yaya's wings and went with it, and it was a lot of fun.

I've been getting a lot of wear out of this yellow LuLu*s dress that I got at the Texas Style Council swap. I picked it up without trying it on, and while it's a little loose in the bust, the color and detailing are perfect. I won a gift card from the Instagram contest LuLu*s held, so I grabbed a couple of items, including this polka dot chambray shirt. Now I finally have a chambray shirt, and it's super cute, to boot!

Fluttershy

Outfit Details
Flower Crown: DIY | Pinkie Pie Necklace: Artist at A-Fest 2012 
Dress: LuLu*s (similar) | Chambray Shirt: LuLu*s (similar) | Belt, Sandals: Forever 21 (similar shoes)

Do you ever channel characters or celebrities when you dress?

I love using fictional characters as sartorial inspiration -- I have a whole series about it! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...