Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Daily Outfit: Maiden Braidin'

I typically do one or two outfit posts per month, but since style is an important piece of my self-confidence, I want to place more emphasis on it. I feel my best when I am confident in how I look, and it's so much easier to see what looks good and what needs improvement when you document it in photos! So, that being said, expect a few more outfit posts around here.

If you've never tried taking outfit shots, you definitely should. It's a huge help to learning how to dress your particular body. As an added bonus, you can also refer to your previous outfits when you're stumped about what to wear! I actually refer to my own blog all the time. I'm pretty certain most bloggers do.

Maiden Braidin'

My favorite thing lately has been collecting cat clothing pieces. I am pretty confident in my crazy cat lady ways! This sweater is super soft and warm (in fact, a little too warm for the weather right now.) I almost didn't buy it, but I'm so glad I did. I think I'll get a lot of use out of it, especially as it gets cooler.

Maiden Braidin'

The outfit itself is a little vanilla, but I knew I'd be wearing my hair in maiden braids, so I didn't want to be too over the top. I love how maiden braids accent my somewhat-ombre hair. A few months ago I asked for an ombre to lighter blonde instead of highlights. That way, I could grow out my natural color and wait longer before getting my hair done. It's taken a while for it to grow out and have the full effect, but I really love it now. 

Maiden Braidin'

Outfit Details:
Earrings: Lulu*s (similar) | Sweater: ModCloth (use this link for $15 off your first purchase)
Jeans: Express | Flats: Steve Madden

It's also funny how deceptively simple maiden braids are. They are my go-to if my hair doesn't look good enough to stay down, but I don't have time or a need for a shower... but every time I wear my hair this way, I get compliments about how "fancy" it looks! Too funny!

Do you take outfit photos? If so, do you find them useful?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...