Monday, January 6, 2014

Mani Monday: I First Met Her in a Dream

Madoka Magica-Inspired Manicure
Julep Lois and e.l.f. glitter polish

This manicure was inspired by one of my favorite anime series of all time, Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I originally wanted to do my nails inspired by my favorite character, Mami Tomoe, and her classic color scheme of brown, gold, and yellow, but realized the only gold I have is in glitter form. Instead, I set out to replicate Madoka's soul gem, a beautiful pale pink and gold. 

This metallic pink polish acts as a neutral on my pinkish skintone, but the gold glitter fade makes it pop. I love expressing my love for the series in subtle ways so this manicure is one of my favorites! Nobody else has to know it was inspired by Madoka, but that makes it all the more special to me.

By the way, if you haven't seen Madoka Magica yet, it's available on Crunchy Roll! I've been re-watching the entire series during the break. It's only 12 episodes so it goes by quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...