Thursday, July 10, 2014

RTX 2014: Street Style

I love merging style and geek culture, and since I wasn't cosplaying at Rooster Teeth Expo, I decided to photograph street style this year. This was my first time taking photos of other people like this, and I had a lot of fun with it!

Austin is known to be a fashion-forward city, and geek girls have some mad style, so I found no shortage of awesome outfits this weekend! I only wish I'd been able to photograph more people.

RTX Street Style - 2014
RTX Street Style - 2014

My friend Jelfish matched her outfit to her gorgeous purple hair with a galaxy dress, ombre tights, and cloud-shaped purse. I also love her necklace supporting her company's game, Capsule Force!

RTX Street Style - 2014

I loved this retro lady - look at that gorgeous hairdo and spot-on makeup! I spotted her dress from across the hall and knew I needed to take her photo.

RTX Street Style - 2014

Cute dress, structured jacket, and convention-appropriate shoes - love it! 

RTX Street Style - 2014

I love skirt-overalls, too cute. Paired with a matching bandeau, boots, and sunglasses, she's ready for anything that could come her way.

RTX Street Style - 2014

A con celebrating video games seems like the perfect place to wear this blood splatter dress! She informed me it's from Black Milk. For similar styles, Gold Bubble Clothing is also an option.

RTX Street Style - 2014

This trio looked like they could be comfortable at a con or a music festival. The matching converse are a sweet touch.

Street Style - RTX 2014

Another trio in Converse! I love the fun hair colors too.

Street Style - RTX 2014

This woman's whole outfit was super adorable - if you look close, you can see her Sailor Moon necklace and heart-shaped sunglasses!

I think these ladies nailed it! Comfortable yet stylish, with a few geeky touches here and there - that's the perfect formula for a convention outfit.

What do you usually wear to a convention?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...