Monday, June 25, 2012

What I Did: The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses


Last Friday, I went to the symphony! Sounds fancy, right? It was actually The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, a 4-movement concert based on the popular game series. 




The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses



I’ll admit that I’ve never finished a Zelda game myself (blasphemy!) but I am definitely familiar with the stories and characters. I can only imagine what the experience would have been like for someone with a special connection to the series. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is pretty familiar with video games and he even runs his own video game review blog. We got box seats, which is something I've never done before but I really enjoyed it!

We couldn't find parking at all... until we noticed these charging stations!

I don’t really have any fancy clothing here, since I’m only in town for the summer, so I chose to wear my white Anthropologie dress,dressed up with some red accessories. Lots of people were in jeans and t-shirts or costumes from the series, too, so it was pretty open.


At the Zelda Symphony!
Our view before the show started and a mini outfit shot.
Dress: Anthropologie (on sale)
Belt: Goodwill
Shoes: DSW (not pictured, but the same as this outfit)

The symphony itself was really well-done. I wasn’t sure what to expect because I haven’t been to any live video game music event (like Video Games Live) and I had heard some lukewarm reviews, but it was a great experience for me. The emcee for the night was a young man who loved the games as much as the audience and he was funny and charismatic. The music was set to different clips of the different games, which really added to the live orchestra. Each movement of the symphony told the story of a different Zelda game or character and I felt that the video and music conveyed the story of the games very well.


I think any fan of Zelda would like going to see the Symphony of the Goddesses! You can check out the dates for the symphony here and see if it is coming to your town.

Have you ever seen a live classical music event?


P.S. -- Have you entered the giveaway for the pair of Seven Metals Jewelry earrings yet? Take a look!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...